Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lesson Learned: I am Woman, Hear Me Roar!

Today is one of those monumental days in my life. Those who know me by name rather than moniker know what I did. It reminds me that being a woman is about so many things. Its about being a nurturer but also looking out for self. About being a mother, but also a wife. Being weak, but also being strong. Being YBFSP (Young, black, fabulous, successful, and professional) in Atlanta is a beautiful thing. We strike those balances better than any other women I know. Be proud of being a woman in Atlanta. You can do it all, see it all, and be it all. We own our own homes and cars and have lucrative careers. More importantly we are grounded and faithful (well some of us) to our families, our men, and our people. So continue to thank God and tell those trying to keep you in place to get off the road, because here we come! (and I mean that oh so literally:)

No comments: