Friday, August 17, 2007

Off My Chest: In Da Club...



Tell me. Must you go to the club every weekend of your God-given life? Is there some unwritten contract that requires your presence at Atlanta's nightlife Thursday - Sunday? You say…"I'm so glad I have you. You keep me out the streets." Really? Could've fooled me, because every time Friday night rolls around you're "supposed to be going out." Please, help me understand. What's the attraction to going to the same clubs, seeing the same people, drinking the same drinks and listening to the same music every single weekend? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy an occasional get me bodied fest, but every Friday and Saturday…No Thanks. Not to mention, that you haven't spent any real time with your significant other in at least 3 days. With work and our personal lives, we've had no QT. Instead of you thinking, hey, let me ask my lady if she wants to do something tonight…you give in to that same hatin' a** homeboy of yours that we spoke about last week. (see previous "with friends like these" post) Upgrade yourself. Get out of the club mentality. Atlanta has so much more to offer. How about some jazz at the aquarium. A play at the Fox. A drive to Lake Lanier. Sh*t…dinner and a movie. This really isn't even about me. I wanna make you better. Stop thinking small and feeling like "big things poppin'" means bottles of Hennessey in VIP at Verve. Long lines, jacked up covers and groupies….that is so not the business.


Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

No comments: