Thursday, October 25, 2007

Off My Chest: Bridezillas Beware



With the popularity of wedding websites and shows, the phenomenon of becoming a Bridezilla is taking over. I actually think many women anxiously await the opportunity to throw hissy fits, scream, fuss, and miss important dates in others lives while all the while blaming it on being a Bridezilla. Call me a hater if you want, but honey, that is not a good look. First and foremost, don't get it twisted. It was cute the first time you said, "I'm getting married and youre not." But the next 4 times made you sound like a 5 year old. Not everyone rushes into marriage after 3 months...sorry if me and mine are laying a rock solid foundation first. Secondly, don't get a big head. The rock, or shall I say pebble, on your finger, does not make you any hotter, cuter, or smarter than before you had it. Diamond possession does not make you an expert on all things wedding nor all things class. Poll a dozen people and I promise you we will all agree that going to the club after tying the knot is not really all that classy. Finally, you should be prohibited from exhibiting bridezilla behaviors if your wedding costs less than $20,000. Bridezilla tactics should be reserved for the platinum wedding type. By platinum, I really mean over $100,000 (hey, i'll give semi-platinum types a break too $20-$100K) When you've prepared a 5 course meal for your guests, Tiffany gifts for your bridal party, and are wearing a jewel encrusted Vera Wang gown, I"ll be a little more understanding of your tirades. However, when I've spent more on your wedding than you have, I wont be so understanding. People work 50 hour weeks and have mortgages, car notes, and lives that do not revolve around your wedding. I'll be there when I get there, I'll help you when I can, and I'll leave when I damn well feel like it. Your bitching, moaning, screaming, and complaining is for the birds. Keep it up and I know one bridezilla who's gonna be broke and begging for friends after this day is over.

No comments: