Friday, August 31, 2007

Off My Chest: You Modelin' Ma???

Because I'd never want people to think this is a male bashing site, its time for me to put the ladies in check. Yesterday we talked about the wanna be producers and not quite there real estate agents that are everywhere in Atlanta. Well, with Labor Day weekend upon us, if there is one person you are sure to meet this weekend, its "a model." Lets get a few things straight. Posing nude for sidekick pictures does not make you a model. Passing out fliers at a party does not make you a model. Putting up X rated pics on myspace does not make you a model. Getting modeling gigs off of craigslist, does not make you a model. Pop, lockin, and droppin in the latest Huey video surely does not make you a model. Until you win ANTM, you are NOT a model. Until you have a lucrative contract with a REPUTABLE modeling agency, you are NOT a model. Until you are featured in a spread in Seventeen, Teen, Elle, or Vogue, you are NOT a model. You may enjoy the art of photography, you may get $2 an hour to wear a baby tee around a party, and you may even be a video ho, but you are not a model. Your false claims of top model status mess it up for those ladies out there in town who really are making a living off of modeling. You make them look really bad. Be proud of who you really are. I surely am. I can say with my head held high...

NO, I'M NOT A MODEL---I JUST LOOK LIKE ONE.


Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

No comments: