Thursday, December 6, 2007

ATL Celebrilove: Urshmeka Speaks


The meka of Urshmeka spoke out in a recent article in Essence saying that if she was mixed, light skinned, or other, people would like her better for Usher. She goes on to say that so what she's not a size 2 or 25 years old...they are in love. Chic has a point. I dont know her personally, so I cant speak on whether or not I like her, their situation just seems a little weird to me. She's old and has dozens of kids, and he's gayish...let me stop before Ursh shuts down this site (you know he's done it before to his own fansite) And based on Usher's previous taste, she doesnt fit the "Chile" mold. But what Meka doesnt realize is that not many of us are losing any sleep over whether she and Usher belong togehter, most of us couldnt really give a hot damn and actually do care more about those on the streets in ATL and Darfur. We only speak up when she thrusts herself into the limelight as she often does. So calm down Meka...no one really cares.



Here's the quote:


“We (black women) don’t like ourselves. If I were Hispanic, Usher would have the sexiest wife alive. If I were mixed, he’d have the sexiest wife alive. “But he has a black girl, and it’s like, ‘She’s horrible and she’s ugly!’ “OK, maybe I don’t fit the cookie-cutter standard - 25 and a size two - but this is who he loves.” “There are women getting raped in Darfur, young girls being turned out every single day right here in Atlanta. We have bigger issues to worry about than two people in love with each other.”



No comments: